This is a form of insurance that provides for medical benefits and the replacement of wages to employees that are injured or disabled while doing a job within the course of employment for a covered business.
With continual changes to comp rates, businesses must regularly review their policies to ensure that they’re getting the needed coverage at the best rate. Heacock Insurance has an experienced team of licensed insurance professionals who can guide you through the uncertainties of workers compensation coverage. Give us a call. Our team can help you stay up to date on the latest requirements and how we can best serve you to create a firm foundation for our business.
Workers' Compensation Insurance may cover:
- Medical bills for employees hurt or sickened at work
- Ongoing care, including rehabilitation
- Wages missed while recovering (often partial)
- Employee lawsuits over injuries (through Employer's Liability Insurance)
- Funeral expenses, if an employee is killed on the job
- Death benefits to support the deceased's family
It does not cover:
- Third-party lawsuits
- Lawsuits over professional errors
- Wages for a replacement worker
- Parental leave benefits
- OSHA penalties