What would happen if a disaster struck your home tomorrow? Are you confident you’re properly covered for damages and total loss? Would you be required to pay some or all the repairs out of pocket? Critical questions because insurance cannot be purchased AFTER a disaster!
While we can’t predict the future, we can make sure that our clients are prepared for catastrophic events. Whether the catastrophe is due to fire, wind, hail, lightning, or theft, we make sure you're protected. After all, our mission is to serve as caring, trusted advisors in the challenging, ever-changing world of insurance.
How will we get there? By proving, every day, that we are the most knowledgeable, innovative, and trusted insurance professionals in each and every one of the communities we serve. To that end, we partner with the best insurance carriers available in the Florida market, and put their strength behind every policy we write.
We also offer a wide variety of Flood policy options from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) provider to private insurance companies.
Why Homeowners Insurance?
Home insurance can cover the hazards that a homeowner may face; everything from fire to theft, a cracked foundation to accidents on your property. When a loss occurs, a claim is filed and covered expenses are paid, less any deductible amounts. This type of insurance also covers personal liability exposures, protecting you from incidents that could lead to a lawsuit, such as an individual falling and injuring themselves while on your property.
Homeowners insurance can also be useful in the event of an incident involving:
- Physical damage to home and personal property due to fire, windstorm, flood, lightning, and hail, to name a few.
- Your pet biting someone
- Manufactured home coverage
- Trampoline or swimming pool liability insurance
- Sewer or septic backups
When you see an independent insurance agent like us, you have the chance to explore all your options. Remember, we have the ability to work with any carrier, and can therefore provide you with the best coverage options at the best cost.
You probably didn't know that...
There are certain events and conditions to which the typical homeowners policy will not apply. As your trusted partner in making sure you have the right coverage for you needs, we’re here to make sure that you avoid these potential problem areas. Here are some:
- Most policies will not cover sewer back-up unless you purchase a special endorsement
- Most policies will not cover damages caused by surface water or water that flows below the surface
- A standard homeowners policy typically does not include Flood Insurance
- A standard homeowner policy only covers jewelry up to set limits, and only if the loss results from one of the perils named on the policy
- Many policies default to actual cash value. This means that, for example, if you paid $1500 for a home theater system and years later it is now worth only $450, that's what you’ll be paid on your claim. Just like the dwelling limit mentioned above, in the event of a loss, replacement cost insurance pays out the total replacement value of your possessions, not their market value.
IMPORTANT: You can combine your Home and Auto policies (and others) for even more savings.
We offer a variety of homeowners solutions and, with an analysis of your specific needs, will suggest the proper coverages for your particular circumstances.
The most essential coverages of a Homeowners policy include:
Dwelling Coverage is the focal point from which most of the coverages in a standard Homeowners policy are based. The coverage protects to repair or rebuild a home back to similar condition prior to damage sustained.
Personal Property Coverage is standard coverage under your Homeowners insurance policy. This coverage protects your furnishings, clothing, appliances, and other contents that are not permanently affixed to your home. However, if you own high-valued jewelry, art, or collections you may want to consider a Personal Articles Inland Marine policy.
General Liability is another valuable part of nearly every Homeowners insurance policy. General Liability provides coverage for you if it is deemed you and/or your family members are held responsible in the event of bodily injury or property damage of someone else. If necessary we may also consider a Personal Liability Umbrella policy for additional protection.