RV & Boat Insurance
Life isn’t all about work. We recognize families are investing more into their free time and recreational vehicles (RVs) are gaining popularity as a result. While an RV can be a way to “live the dream,” like any asset, your RV needs to be protected… and so do you.
As you might imagine, accidents involving RVs, like those involving trucks, tend to lead to greater damage than those involving automobiles. It’s essential, then, that you talk with us before taking to the road. Contact one of the knowledgeable insurance professionals at Heacock today, and find out more about the coverages available and which might best suit your needs. In the meantime, the following will give you a few things to think about before calling us:
There are several classes of RVs and each class requires it own, special insurance:
- Class A vehicles covers RVs built like large commercial buses. This kind of motor home is complete and contains everything you need. Some of these homes are very expensive, costing up to a few hundred thousand dollars.
- Class B vehicles resemble vans, but have taller ceilings so you can stand up inside. They also have a longer wheelbase to accommodate the weight and additional room they provide.
- Class C vehicles are large vehicles made from trucks or vans.
Coverages are similar to most automobile policies by including protection for Liability and Physical Damage for the vehicle. Multi-policy discounts may be available when combining policies for different exposures with the same company. In determining what works best for you, it pays that we’re an independent insurance agency, and free to work with any carrier we choose. This also allows us to make good on our mission; to always serve our customers with the integrity and commitment to personal service that have guided us since our founding in 1922.
Boating accidents occur far more often than you might think. In 2018, the U.S. Coast Guard counted nearly 4,200 accidents involving 633 deaths, 2,511 injuries and almost $50 million in property damage. While an accident is impossible to predict, it is possible to plan for one; with a Heacock boat insurance plan. We offer a variety of plans with a variety of protections in areas such as:
- Agreed Value Loss Settlement: Covers a total loss based on agreed-upon value
- Boat Equipment: Covers equipment such as anchors, oars, life jackets, fuel tanks, and batteries
- Watercraft Liability: Covers claims or lawsuits brought against you for boar-related liability
- Property of Others: Covers guest belongings while on your boat
- Emergency Towing: Covers towing or other emergency service expenses
- Boat Recovery Expense: Covers recovery of a sunken boat.
Heacock also offers discounts on your premiums for safe driving, U.S. Coast Guard or USAA membership, multiple boats on the same policy, boats that have been paid off, safety course completion and on-time payments.
A Heacock boat insurance policy means that your property is always properly protected. Remember, too, that we are the most knowledgeable, innovative, and trusted insurance professionals in each and every one of the communities we serve. And, because we’re independent and can work with the best insurance carriers available in the Florida market, you know you’re getting the coverage that meets your needs.
To learn more, speak with one of our trusted advisors today.
Integrity. It’s our policy.